When the pandemic first started, I found it very difficult to find some of our favorite cleaning products so I decided to make our own! I now am totally hooked and really love making a weekly batch of my own surface cleaner. A few pluses are that most of the products you need, you probably already have lying around the house. It’s incredibly affordable, not to mention, 100% non-toxic, and disinfects surfaces as well! I use this spray on all hard surfaces in our home like granite counters and porcelain in the bathroom. I even spray the mirrors, so far they have not come out streaky! Let me know if you try this and let me know how you like it!
What you’ll Need
- Spray Bottle. I love these glass ones here.
- Rubbing Alcohol, Vodka or Hydrogen peroxide (your preference)
- Dish Soap Or Castile soap.
- Few drops of essential oils.
How to Make
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of rubbing alcohol, vodka (use the cheap stuff) or Hydrogen peroixde
- 4-5 drops of dish soap or castille soap
- 7-10 drops of your favorite essential oil – I love lemongrass, grapefruit, rosemary and lavender or tea tree.