This sweet potato curry has been a go to meal for us in the Purcell/Kohler household. It’s so warming as the weather starts to get colder and is very versatile. It can be topped with a traditional rice or chicken as well as cauliflower rice for a grain free option. Enjoy!!
- 1 Chopped White Onion
- 3 in Knob of Ginger
- 4 Cups of Chopped Sweet Potato
- 1.5 Tbsp Yellow Curry Paste
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 1 13.5 oz Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 Cups Halved French Green Beans
- 1 Box of Shitake Mushrooms
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
- A couple dashes of Coconut Aminos to Taste
- (Optional) I add some spinach for extra veggies and color
Combine chopped onion and minced ginger in a le creuset and allow to sweat until onions are translucent and ginger is fragrant. (I sweat mine in a little bit of water but you can do olive oil as well!) Next, stir in your curry paste to coat the onions and ginger. Add in sweet potato and 2 cups filtered water, cover the pot and cook on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until sweet potato is fork tender and fully cooked through. Add in chopped red bell peppers, green beans and shiitake mushrooms. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add in your coconut milk and allow to cook for 5 more minutes.