What's Sweet as pie? yet clean and green : The Peachy Green Smoothie Recipe
The peachy green smoothie is just as sweet and comforting as a peach pie but it’s lean, clean, alkalizing and green! This smoothie is packed with spinach and I snuck some sprouts in for a little hit of extra nutrients and plant protein! It’s currently peach season here in GA, so we have been buying peaches left and right at farmers markets and stands. We are currently freezing our own peaches, however, this recipe is just as good using store bought frozen peaches as well!
PRACTICE FOOD COMBINING | BEST COMBINES WITH FRUITS OR GREENS FRUITS OR GREENS
Fruit containing smoothies combine best with other fruits or neutral greens. An example of neutral greens are baby spinach, mixed greens, kale, romaine, and vegetables like cucumbers, sprouts etc. You’ll notice this recipe doesn’t include protein powders or “superfoods” like chia seeds, hemp, flax etc. This is because fruit quickly cleanses the body and is digested in only 30-45 minutes, so it’s best to eat fruit alone or only pair with greens. When you combine fruit with proteins like nut butters, seeds and nut milks, the fruit ferments on top of the slow to digest protein and will create lots of gas, bloating and digestive discomfort.
If you need to add, or wish to add, more liquid to your smoothie I always use filtered water or harmless harvest coconut water. I only recommend harmless harvest because they make a raw coconut water (buy in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores) this way the coconut water is filled with living enzymes and sugars. When you consume boxed coconut water on the shelf, it’s been pasteurized, and all of the living sugars and enzymes are killed. In short, you’re basically drinking water and sugar AKA Kool aide.
FOOD ORDER : WHEN TO DRINK THE Peachy Green SMoothie
Best consumed after a raw vegetable juice like the everyday green juice or on an empty stomach. You can also eat with chopped up fruit during or after sipping on your smoothie. Most people will want to drink the smoothie as breakfast or lunch.
CO-OP APPROVED SMOOTHIE "ADD-INS" AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Vitamineral Green – A great plant based protein powder with digestive enzymes.
- Dulse – Just tear about a 4 inch piece off the sheet of seaweed and blend with smoothie.
- Spirulina – A great agale, rich in protein, magnesium and iodine.
- E3Live Brain on – Get your mood brain on for the day!
- Thorne Vitamin D Drops – You can drop this supplement into smoothies which is great to make sure kids are getting enough vitamin d.
MORE SMOOTHIE RECIPES TO LOVE :
- Wild Blueberry & Lemon Smoothie
Peachy Green Smoothie
- 3 Cups Spinach
- 1.5 Frozen Bananas
- 2 Cups Frozen Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Water
- Combine all ingredients into your Vitamix and blend on high for 2 minutes. Make sure to use your tamper to thoroughly combine. Once smooth, pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!!